Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Monday!! 1/9/12

I have been gone for about a week. It all started when I received a phone call Monday morning (1/2). My grandfather passed away from Ohio. As we were getting packed and ready to go, I decided to clean the interior of my vehicle only to lock the keys in the car at my mom's while waiting for my brother. The spares happen to be in the inside from the night before as I had my car in for service. Then, it was a phone call to the locksmith. $63 and an hour later, we finally were able to get on the road for the 7 hour drive. I grabbed the luggage and the Christmas card that was addressed with his name and stamp and away we went. I never got to send him the Christmas card because I did not have the updated nursing home address. I got to see my aunts, uncles and some cousins that I had not seen in 16 years since my grandmother passed away.  I have never cried so much in one week but it was nice to see everyone. We arrived home to finally settle in on Saturday.

My brother then left to go back to college on Sunday and I lost it again!! Well, it is back to normalcy and the rush of everyday life. I would never think I would say this, but it was nice to get back to work and be back on a schedule to get my mind off of things.

Thank you for being patient as 2012 has not been off to a good start. I have posted a new guess the flower contest as my profile picture on Facebook.

Congrats to Amelia's mom for winning a year's worth of hair accessories!! Let's see if we can get to 1100 for another large giveaway!!

What contest would you like to see? Please send me some ideas and if your idea gets picked, win a free tutu. Deadline is this Saturday. Be looking for a new contest!!

Also, check out the new flower of the night for $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment